Web3 Is Still Nowhere Near Its Main Act
Web3 is a term that refers to the next generation of the internet, where users can interact with decentralized applications (dApps) that run on peer-to-peer networks without intermediaries. Web3 promises to empower users with more control, privacy, and ownership of their digital assets and identities. But how far are we from achieving this vision?
According to Amir Sarhangi, a Web3 evangelist and founder of blockworks.co, Web3 is still nowhere near its main act. He argues that Web3's lack of convenience is making it quite tough to onboard those next billion users who are not familiar with the technical aspects of blockchain and cryptocurrency. He says that Web3 needs an accessibility overhaul if we want to create a culture that elevates the beliefs of open-source technology, innovation, democratization, disruption, decentralization and creative expression.
🤔 Do you agree with Sarhangi's opinion? Do you think Web3 is too complicated for the average user? Or do you think Web3 is already transforming human coordination and defining the future of digital culture? Let us know in the comments below! 🙌
How to make Web3 more accessible?
Sarhangi suggests that Web3 developers should focus on creating things that people can easily understand and access, rather than hiding Web3 “under the hood”. He says that Web3 should have accessibility built into its core; the opportunity to allow everyone to participate in typically out-of-reach industries. He gives some examples of projects that have been building a relatively accessible onboarding experience for Web3 and NFTs, such as Reddit and Polygon NFTs, Nifty Gateway, Dapper Labs, and Blur.
😍 These projects are indeed making Web3 more user-friendly and appealing to a wider audience. But what else can be done to improve Web3's accessibility? Here are some possible suggestions:
- Use clear and simple language to explain Web3 concepts and benefits, avoiding jargon and technical terms that may confuse the reader.
- Provide intuitive and seamless user interfaces that minimize friction and errors, such as integrating wallets, simplifying transactions, and offering customer support.
- Offer educational and engaging content that showcases the value and potential of Web3, such as tutorials, guides, podcasts, videos, blogs, newsletters, and social media posts.
- Build communities and networks that foster collaboration and trust among Web3 users and creators, such as forums, chats, events, meetups, hackathons, and DAOs.
- Incentivize participation and adoption by rewarding users for their contributions and feedback, such as tokens, airdrops, referrals, gamification, and reputation systems.
👏 These are some ways that we can make Web3 more accessible for everyone. Do you have any other ideas or suggestions? Share them with us in the comments below! 🚀
Why is Web3 important for the future of business?
Web3 is not only important for the future of culture, but also for the future of business. According to Forbes, Web3 is transforming the future of business by enabling new models of innovation, collaboration, and value creation. Web3 allows businesses to:
- Leverage the power of distributed networks and smart contracts to automate processes, reduce costs, increase efficiency, and enhance security.
- Tap into the potential of decentralized finance (DeFi) to access new sources of funding, liquidity, lending, borrowing, trading, and investing.
- Utilize the benefits of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) to create unique digital assets that represent ownership, identity, provenance, authenticity, and scarcity.
- Explore the possibilities of the metaverse to create immersive virtual worlds that offer new experiences, interactions, and opportunities for entertainment, education, and commerce.
🔥 These are some of the ways that Web3 is transforming the future of business. Do you think Web3 is the next big thing for entrepreneurs and innovators? How are you using Web3 to grow your business or career? Tell us in the comments below! 💯
The Bottom Line
Web3 is still nowhere near its main act, but it has the potential to change the world as we know it. Web3 is not only about technology, but also about culture. Web3 is not only about ownership, but also about participation. Web3 is not only about disruption, but also about creation. Web3 is not only about the future, but also about the present.
🙌 If you want to be part of this exciting movement, you need to make Web3 more accessible for yourself and others. You need to learn, explore, experiment, and share your insights and feedback with the Web3 community. You need to create, connect, and converse in cultural spaces that elevate your beliefs and values. You need to embrace the opportunities and challenges that Web3 brings to your business and career.
👉 Are you ready to join the Web3 revolution? If so, subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on social media for more updates and tips on how to make Web3 work for you. And don't forget to leave a comment below and let us know what you think about Web3 and its impact on culture and business. We'd love to hear from you! 😊